Orthanc 1.13 + docker | Several config files

I’ve been using the docker image for a while. Now that there are 2 configuration files, I’m not sure which parameters I’m supposed to give to the entrypoint.

$ cat docker-entrypoint.sh 
#!/usr/bin/env bash
set -o errexit

if [[ $# -ne 1 ]]; then
	echo "FATAL ERROR: docker-entrypoint.sh expects a single parameter: the path to the configuration files(s)"
	exit 2
fi

It clearly asks for a single parameter, so I can’t lead it to several files. How will it know which one is the normal and advanced file?

Anyone? Did OrthancTeam forget to update the entrypoint or I just need to give it a single json file containing the config and advanced-config?

Hi,

Sorry, I did not realize that this was related to the orthancteam images.

I’ll check into it. But, instead of passing 2 full configuration files, we strongly advise to pass a single file in which you include only the configurations that you change so it is usually much easier to read since, most of the time, you only change a few parameters.

Our typical configuration file look like this (instead of 2 files with thousands of lines):

{
  "Name": "My orthanc",
  "DicomAet": "MY-ORTHANC",
  "RegisteredUsers": {
    "demo": "demo"
  },
  "PostgreSQL": {
    "Password": "pg-password",
    "Host": "index-db"
  }
}

Hope this helps,

Alain.

I have made some changes in this commit and this one.

To me, providing configuration files this way is for advanced users only and it now bypasses the startup-script that simplifies the configurations and brings a suitable default configuration out of the box.

Thanks. The explanation in the second link is clear and helpful :+1:

Just a note: you forgot to update the `echo`.

echo “FATAL ERROR: docker-entrypoint.sh expects a single parameter: the path to the configuration files(s)”