Installing OrthancWebViewer 2.2

I am trying to install OrthancWebViewer-2.2 . Is it possible to get a bit more detailed instruction for installing plugins for Windows user? I have tried the methods form the below sites but I feel there is a step missing because I keep getting errors in the log when starting the service. Thank you

Log Error
W0316 12:02:10.745098 main.cpp:670] Loading plugin(s) from: Configuration..//Plugins/OrthancWebViewer-2.2.dll

E0316 12:02:10.745098 SharedLibrary.cpp:65] LoadLibrary(Configuration..//Plugins/OrthancWebViewer-2.2.dll) failed: Error 193

E0316 12:02:10.745098 main.cpp:1323] Uncaught exception, stopping now: [Error while using a shared library (plugin)] (code 25)

W0316 12:02:10.745098 main.cpp:1356] Orthanc has stopped

Sites I have tried
https://bitbucket.org/osimis/osimis-webviewer-plugin/
http://book.orthanc-server.com/plugins/webviewer.html

Can you post what is in your config for it?

// List of paths to the plugins that are to be loaded into this
// instance of Orthanc (e.g. “./libPluginTest.so” for Linux, or
// “./PluginTest.dll” for Windows). These paths can refer to
// folders, in which case they will be scanned non-recursively to
// find shared libraries. Backslashes must be either escaped by
// doubling them, or replaced by forward slashes “/”.
“Plugins” : [
“…//Plugins/OrthancWebViewer-2.2.dll” ],

actual json file

orthanc.json (14.1 KB)

Are you sure you’re not mixing 64bits executable with 32bits DLL (or the opposite) ?

That looks the be the case that those dll’s are 32bit but you are running 64bit system/application. Can you use the dll that came with the Orthanc installer?

Once I download the plugins with the software in 64bit, will I just be adding the dll file of the OrthancWebviewer like I did with the 2.2 version? Would you mind sending me the lines I should have for the Webviewer plugin work properly? I am slightly embarrassed for having the wrong bit version, ha. I guess I was too wound up trying to learn how it all works to recognize that main part. Thank you for your help.

Your running 64bit version of Windows correct? If so I’d suggest 64bit for sure, then. Will help with memory management, especially if you are doing any compression.

Hello,

Once I download the plugins with the software in 64bit, will I just be adding the dll file of the OrthancWebviewer like I did with the 2.2 version? Would you mind sending me the lines I should have for the Webviewer plugin work properly? I am slightly embarrassed for having the wrong bit version, ha. I guess I was too wound up trying to learn how it all works to recognize that main part. Thank you for your help.

To summarize the situation, there are 3 pre-compiled versions of Orthanc 1.3.1 for Windows:

For most simplicity, just use the 64bit installer from Osimis. It already contains all the plugins, sample configuration files, and targets the most common 64bit architecture.

If you want to use the individual precompiled “.dll” from the Orthanc project, note that they are all 32bits. They can only used with the Orthanc 32bit core.

For configuration instructions, check out the documentation of the individual plugins, or use the Osimis installer:
http://book.orthanc-server.com/plugins.html

HTH,
Sébastien-