Ignore Dimse Status 0x0111 when sending partial duplicate studies

I am using a Lua script to send studies to a remote PACs using the modalities/xxx/store Rest Api call in an OnStableStudy callback. All works fine in 90% of cases.

However, sometimes an additional series or some additional images are added to a study. When i then resend the study, the remote pacs gives me (correctly) a 0x0111 (duplicate image) response for the older images and the study store is abandoned.

Is there any way i can forcibly/silently ignore the 0x0111 status, in order to continue sending the remaining SOP instances?

A pointer is good enough atm…

Many thanks in advance,

Stefan

Hi Stefan

I was actually not aware of this status code 0x0111. Actually I can’t find it listed as a valid response status of a C-Store in the DICOM standard.

The only occurrence of this code is a failure status in response to a DIMSE_N_CREATE message. Disclaimer: I don’t know much about this message but I know Orthanc is not handling them.

Orthanc does not currently provide the ability to ignore this message. What is your PACS model ? If it is a standard PACS system, we might add a specific “Manufacturer” in the modalities list to add an exception for this message…

Best regards,

Alain.

Hi Alain,

I’ve done a little more digging and it is indeed a very common and standard PACS system - It is an Agfa Impax 6.2.x\6.3.x system,

Their Implementation Class UID: 1.2.124.113532.3510.50
Their Implementation Version Name: AGFAMAY2003

I have reviewed the Conformance Statement and it does indeed make mention of this status code. The document can be found at:

https://www.agfahealthcare.com/global/en/he/library/libraryopen?ID=13773625

I refer you to page 37 of 77, table 2.2-34.

It would be very helpful to have a generic method of ignoring or mapping certain status codes. Unfortunately this is not the only instance where I have seen this; some other vendors do the same. By adding a manufacturer specific exception, you may end up chasing your tail with other vendors too.

Kind regards

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your feedback. It won’t be considered as an error anymore (patch).

If you could validate it tomorrow with the next nightly build, that would be great:

Best regards,

Alain.

1 Like

Hi Alain,

Sorry it has taken me a couple of days to test; it is a live system so access is a bit limited. I can confirm it all works as intended now.

Many thanks,

Stefan

1 Like