How to recieve Multiple images simultaneously

The question is the title.

TLDR: Sending series with multiple images(e.g. CT) to orthanc transfers only 2 or 3 images at a time, whereas another software on same PC transfers(receives) 40-60 at time. How do i configure ORTHANC?

So, the thing is that we have PHILLIPS PET/CT machine and workstations (running windows xp), they are all connected to Hospital lan, including my ORTHANC server on a normal(dell) windows 10 pc. I’ve setup the AE title, Port and IP address on both machines (orthanc server and workstation), C-ECHO is successful and I can also send and receive images both sides C-MOVE and C-QUERY works.

Only problem is, whenever I send any study or series, or e.g. let’s say a single WB CT series with 467 images/frames to my orthanc server and i check the status on the philips workstation, it transfers only about 2 or 3 images at a time, whereas if i send it to another philips workstation, it transfers 80-100 images simultaneously, so in our example, it takes only 20-25 secs to transfer, whereas ORTHANC takes 3-4 mins. Initially I thought it had something to do the the network config or hardware of my ORTHANC server, but that’s not the case, because when i installed another software called DicomBurn from nativate systems, it was receiving 40-60 images simultaneously, so it definitely has something to do with orthanc config.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!!

For reference : Pc specs - i7 10700, 8GB ram, 500GB hdd, 1Gig bandwidth.

I believe you’re looking for the DicomThreadsCount configuration option.

From the online full configuration page (I’d suggest bookmarking this page as I find it invaluable) and it’s not readily / easily searchable within the docs:

// Number of threads that are used by the embedded DICOM server.
  // This defines the number of concurrent DICOM operations that can
  // be run when Orthanc is acting as SCP. 
  // Note: This is not limiting the number of concurrent connections
  // but the number of concurrent DICOM operations.
  // E.g, with a single thread, if a C-Find is received during
  // e.g the transcoding of an incoming C-Store, the C-Find will 
  // be processed only at the end of the C-Store operation but both
  // DICOM assocations will remain active. 
  // (new in Orthanc 1.10.0, before this version, the value was 
  // fixed to 4)
+
−  "DicomThreadsCount" : 4,

HTH

D

If you can check storage commintent option at Philips - make it. Siemens devices in default wait for storage commit after each 20 images. So you need off this option