EmbeddedResources.h error under Windows 8.1 sp1

Hello, I'm trying to build and see the result of Orthanc in visual studio 2010.
(My goal is to use orthanc plug-in for WADO_RS in my system.)
I have download 'Orthanc-1.0.0.tar.gz' and did Cmake with visual studio 2010.
But as I open Otrhanc.sln in visual studio and build it, it gives 'EmbeddedResources.h' errors as below.

I thought this file souces are automatically generated during the build.

How can I solve this problem... I'm kinda stuck on this. Help me on this please.
Thank you.

EmbeddedResourceError.JPG

Hello,

I cannot help you, as I do not have access to MSVC 2010 licenses.

Make sure that you properly read the build instructions for Windows (in particular, check that Python is correctly installed for all users):
https://bitbucket.org/sjodogne/orthanc/src/default/INSTALL

Start with a fresh build directory (i.e. remove your current solution and re-generate it with CMake). Carefully read the output of CMake.

HTH,
Sébastien-

I followed the instruction stated below, and the attached is what I've done to create the sln build file.

Native Windows build with Microsoft Visual Studio

build_orthanc.JPG

OK, but are you sure that Python is actually installed?

Please also post your full build logs, so that someone could help.

Yes, you were right on that! I did not installed phython. Now I can compile this without errors.
Thanks alot!

2016년 3월 21일 월요일 오후 6시 31분 7초 UTC+9, Sébastien Jodogne 님의 말:

Yes, you were right on that! I did not installed phython. Now I can compile this without errors.
Thanks alot!

Fine, glad that your problem is now solved!

I am trying to build ‘OrthancWSI-1.1’
I was able to create the installable successfully using CMake,

C:\Orthanc\OrthancWSI-1.1\Applications\Build>cmake -G “Visual Studio 15 2017 Win64” -DSTATIC_BUILD=ON -DSTANDALONE_BUILD=ON -DCMAKE-BUILD-TYPE=Debug …\

I opened OrthancWSIApplications.sln, and try to build, i get the same error, and few more errors. See below output from Visual Studio.

I installed Python as well as suggested in the previous reply, and also added environment variable for Python.exe in ‘Path’ variable.

Am i missing any thing here ? Kindly help me…Thanks

Output from Visual Studio:

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: ZERO_CHECK, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
1>Checking Build System
2>------ Rebuild All started: Project: OrthancWSIFramework, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
2>Generating AUTOGENERATED/OrthancFrameworkResources.h, AUTOGENERATED/OrthancFrameworkResources.cpp
2>‘PYTHON_EXECUTABLE-NOTFOUND’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
2>operable program or batch file.
2>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(209,5): error MSB6006: “cmd.exe” exited with code 9009.
2>Done building project “OrthancWSIFramework.vcxproj” – FAILED.
3>------ Rebuild All started: Project: OrthancWSIDicomToTiff, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
4>------ Rebuild All started: Project: OrthancWSIDicomizer, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
3>Building Custom Rule C:/Orthanc/OrthancWSI-1.1/Applications/CMakeLists.txt
3>DicomToTiff.cpp
4>Building Custom Rule C:/Orthanc/OrthancWSI-1.1/Applications/CMakeLists.txt
4>Dicomizer.cpp
3>c:\orthanc\orthancwsi-1.1\applications../Framework/Inputs/DicomPyramid.h(67): warning C4267: ‘return’: conversion from ‘size_t’ to ‘unsigned int’, possible loss of data
4>c:\orthanc\orthancwsi-1.1\applications../Framework/Inputs/HierarchicalTiff.h(83): warning C4267: ‘return’: conversion from ‘size_t’ to ‘unsigned int’, possible loss of data
4>c:\orthanc\orthancwsi-1.1\framework\inputs\OpenSlideLibrary.h(98): warning C4267: ‘return’: conversion from ‘size_t’ to ‘unsigned int’, possible loss of data
4>c:\orthanc\orthancwsi-1.1\framework\outputs\MultiframeDicomWriter.h(85): warning C4267: ‘return’: conversion from ‘size_t’ to ‘unsigned int’, possible loss of data
4>C:\Orthanc\OrthancWSI-1.1\Applications\Dicomizer.cpp(48): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘EmbeddedResources.h’: No such file or directory
4>ApplicationToolbox.cpp
3>ApplicationToolbox.cpp
4>c:\orthanc\orthancwsi-1.1\applications../Framework/Inputs/OpenSlideLibrary.h(98): warning C4267: ‘return’: conversion from ‘size_t’ to ‘unsigned int’, possible loss of data
3>c:\orthanc\orthancwsi-1.1\applications../Framework/Inputs/OpenSlideLibrary.h(98): warning C4267: ‘return’: conversion from ‘size_t’ to ‘unsigned int’, possible loss of data
4>C:\Orthanc\OrthancWSI-1.1\Applications\ApplicationToolbox.cpp(55): warning C4551: function call missing argument list
4>C:\Orthanc\OrthancWSI-1.1\Applications\ApplicationToolbox.cpp(144): warning C4267: ‘initializing’: conversion from ‘size_t’ to ‘unsigned int’, possible loss of data
3>C:\Orthanc\OrthancWSI-1.1\Applications\ApplicationToolbox.cpp(55): warning C4551: function call missing argument list
3>C:\Orthanc\OrthancWSI-1.1\Applications\ApplicationToolbox.cpp(144): warning C4267: ‘initializing’: conversion from ‘size_t’ to ‘unsigned int’, possible loss of data
4>Generating Code…
3>Generating Code…
4>Done building project “OrthancWSIDicomizer.vcxproj” – FAILED.
3>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file ‘Debug\OrthancWSIFramework.lib’
3>Done building project “OrthancWSIDicomToTiff.vcxproj” – FAILED.
5>------ Rebuild All started: Project: ALL_BUILD, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
5>Building Custom Rule C:/Orthanc/OrthancWSI-1.1/Applications/CMakeLists.txt
6>------ Skipped Rebuild All: Project: INSTALL, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
6>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
========== Rebuild All: 2 succeeded, 3 failed, 1 skipped ==========

You need python installed

2>------ Rebuild All started: Project: OrthancWSIFramework, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
2>Generating AUTOGENERATED/OrthancFrameworkResources.h, AUTOGENERATED/OrthancFrameworkResources.cpp
2>‘PYTHON_EXECUTABLE-NOTFOUND’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
2>operable program or batch file.
2>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\

I did install latest Python version (3.11.1) on my windows system downloaded from https://www.python.org/downloads/.
I also added environment variable in ‘Path’ variable of python.exe.
After installation and adding path variable to Python.exe, i did clean up the CMake build, and regenerated the .sln, and build.
I still get the same old problem.

I am doing anything wrong, like wrong Python version, wrong way of setting up Python path, etc.
Kindly help me. Thanks in advance for your time.