Configuring Orthanc

Hello Orthanc Devs,

I would like to explain the whole scenario of the problem I am facing.

1. We have a PC in Switzerland where the NATIVE format of patient scans and a review software (which can read native format files and display images) are present. Those NATIVE Format files can only be read by its manufacturer’s software (example: Zeiss, Philips, Siemens etc).
  2. The review software has a functionality to convert NATIVE files to DICOM Format only if we provide a qualified DICOM Archive such as VISUPACS, FORUM etc.
  3. In order for it to send the DICOM formatted files from PC in Switzerland to our place, we have to use DICOM gateway configuration tool.
  4. The functionality of DICOM gateway is to transfer the files from local to remote location
  5. For this purpose we have to provide IP address, AE title, Port number of both local and remote PCs
  6. I have made port forwarding in remote system.
  7. As the NATIVE data is present on the same system where DICOM gateway tool is installed, we use 127.0.0.1 and port number 11112.
  8. So now the DICOM gateway takes the NATIVE data and ideally should send the data to my remote PC in dicom format.
  9. At first we have to configure the DICOM gateway. For this to be successful, DICOM gateway checks whether the remote PC has a PACS software.
  10. For this purpose, I have installed Orthanc as it is PACS.
  11. Orthanc configuration.json file has information such as port number and AE title, which I have provided to the DICOM gateway tool.
  12. When we run the sample connection tests, it ideally should show 5 green lights. Rather in our case they are just three. And rest two are RED in colour.
  13. I checked the RED lights are for MWL Provider and Storage Commitment Provider which are not provided by the Orthanc
  14. I have noticed that Orthanc provides MWL service as a plugin and I tried to make use of tutorial to make it for my purpose. But unfortunately I am unable to do it.

I’m attaching the DICOM gateway picture here.
Hoping you got the clear picture of the problem, I am requesting you guys to help me out.

Thanks

InkedScreenshot from 2020-02-19 14-03-55_LI.jpg

Closing this thread, as it is a copy/paste from the following message that is under active discussion:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/orthanc-users/sDhBwyCDDUA/_kyeP0YkCAAJ