Change configuration file in windows version

HI,
I am new to this forum so please forgive me if this is a very basic question.
I downloaded the Orthanc windows version and installed everything by using default setting. Now I only want to change two things:
1. I would like to change the default port from 4242 to 104
2. I want to add a few remote AE titles so that I can query/rechieve.

However, after I modified orthanc file in ./Configuration folder as instructed, and restarted the orhtanc service, it still listens to 4242 and I don't have any AE titles showed up in my query/rectrieve pull-down menu.

Log shows it reads from the configuration file:

Hello,

I am new to this forum so please forgive me if this is a very basic question.
I downloaded the Orthanc windows version and installed everything by using default setting. Now I only want to change two things:

1. I would like to change the default port from 4242 to 104
  2. I want to add a few remote AE titles so that I can query/rechieve.

However, after I modified orthanc file in ./Configuration folder as instructed, and restarted the orhtanc service, it still listens to 4242 and I don’t have any AE titles showed up in my query/rectrieve pull-down menu.

[…] Anybody had the similar problem and had solutions?

All of this works fine under Windows. This is a configuration problem.

According to your log file, either you have not modified the right files (by default, in folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Orthanc Server\Configuration": double-check the content of this folder, and make sure you have write permissions for files in this folder), or the log file you copied/pasted does not reflect the last execution of Orthanc (check the last file in folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Orthanc Server\Logs", there could be a file format error in the configuration file). Also, verify that the TCP port 104 is not used by another DICOM server (which could be started if a DICOM viewer is installed).

In addition, when I am trying to create a separate configuration setting using:
“Orthanc --config=Configuration2” command, I got the error message:

E0823 12:33:55.153772 main.cpp:1237] Cannot write sample configuration as file “configuration2”

Visibly, you have no write permission to this folder. Run this command as a Windows administrator, or from a working directory you have write access to (e.g. “C:\TEMP”).

HTH,
Sébastien-