Does Orthanc serve request from connected Peers / Modalities when it can’t locate the target of the request internally? Can it be configured to do so?
Orthanc A has connection to the following modalities / peers:
- Modality B
- Modality C
- Orthanc Peer D
Modality B has study B_STUDY.
Orthanc Peer D has study D_STUDY.
Given the above scenario:
- When I make a request against Rest API of Orthanc A for B_STUDY, will I get back B_STUDY?
- Similarly, when I make a request against the Rest API of Orthanc A for D_STUDY, will I get back D_STUDY?
Does Orthanc serve request from connected Peers / Modalities when it can't
locate the target of the request internally? Can it be configured to do so?
No and there is no configuration to do so.
However, you might implement it yourself with multiple API calls.
- search for the study in Orthanc
- if you don't find it, list all your modalities
- for each modality, Q&R the study if it exists
- if still not found, list all the peers
- for each peer, search for the study and retrieve it if it exists.
Note that this would be a very nice feature to be implemented in a plugin
<Plugins — Orthanc Book documentation; and lots of people
would probably be interested in such a proxy. Do not hesitate to contribute
Thanks a bunch for clarification, and especially, guidance on how one might go about this! To be sure, if anything ends up being developed for this functionality, will definitely check back in for further advice!