Use of aeskulap and orthanc 1.4.1 as opposed to orthanc 1.3.2

Everyone,

I have a couple of questions that have me stumped at this point. Here is the first question.

I am running a Centos 7.5 system and have compiled both 1.3.2 and 1.4.1 with the following command line swtiches :

cmake -DALLOW_DOWNLOADS=ON -DUSE_SYSTEM_JSONCPP=OFF -DUSE_SYSTEM_MONGOOSE=OFF -DUSE_SYSTEM_PUGIXML=OFF -DUSE_SYSTEM_SQLITE=OFF -DUSE_SYSTEM_BOOST=OFF -DUSE_SYSTEM_DCMTK=OFF -DUSE_SYSTEM_GOOGLE_TEST=OFF -DUSE_SYSTEM_LIBJPEG=OFF /root/software/orthanc/Orthanc
make

aeskulap appeared to work very well with orthanc 1.3.2, but when I upgraded to 1.4.1 the following message occurs when trying to view a file :

"Unable to receive the
requested images

The request was sent to the server but no response has been received."

After receiving this message if I immediately click on the line item of the study in the “View Manager” aeskulap accepts part of the study

In order to obtain the entire study I have to close out they views that have been displayed an click on the line item a third time.

This problem is reproducible with 1.4.1 but not 1.3.2.

I have looked in the orthanc.json file for timeout’s and have set the following :

“DicomScpTimeout” : 60,
“DicomScuTimeout” : 60,

These changes had no effect on the symptoms.

Does anyone have other suggestions.

Thanks much,

Greg Ennis

Everyone,

I apologize for posting this again, but I was hoping someone might be able to help.

Greg

Hello,

aeskulap does not support the asynchronous mode for C-Move/C-Store that was enabled by default in Orthanc 1.4.0, as part of the refactoring of the Orthanc jobs engine.

Just set the newly-introduced “SynchronousCMove” to “true” in the configuration file of Orthanc:
http://book.orthanc-server.com/users/configuration.html

Here is a minimal configuration file that works with aeskulap on my Ubuntu 16.04 box:

{
“DicomModalities” : {
“aeskulap” : [ “AESKULAP”, “127.0.0.1”, 6000 ]
},
“SynchronousCMove” : true
}

HTH,
Sébastien-

Sébastien,

Thank you!!!

I have added the ‘“SynchronousCMove” : true’ to both of our servers, but will not be able to test aeskulap until tomorrow. I am remote from the office today, I have never been able to get aeskulap to work remotely, and have therefore not even tried to add a tls wrapper.

Greg Ennis

Hello,

aeskulap does not support the asynchronous mode for C-Move/C-Store that was enabled by default in Orthanc 1.4.0, as part of the refactoring of the Orthanc jobs engine.

Just set the newly-introduced “SynchronousCMove” to “true” in the configuration file of Orthanc:
http://book.orthanc-server.com/users/configuration.html

Here is a minimal configuration file that works with aeskulap on my Ubuntu 16.04 box:

{
“DicomModalities” : {
“aeskulap” : [ “AESKULAP”, “127.0.0.1”, 6000 ]
},
“SynchronousCMove” : true
}

HTH,
Sébastien-