Question about the Transfers Accelerator Plugin

Hello, friends @Osimis!

I’ve been looking at the aforementioned plugin and it is very promising. We’ll be deploying Orthanc on a large wan network. In the future we plan on running 40+ Orthancs spread accros over various hospitals. The transfers accelerator seems awesome but I have a couple of questions:

1. Is there a way to interrupt or just pause the transfers? Say a higher priority image (emergency exam) arrived, we want to transfer it right awa while pausing the ongoing transfers.
  2. What happens when a network failure happens while a large file (eg 200MB out of 400MB) was partially transfered? Is it resumed or started from scratch?

We have devised a rsync-based solution but upon close inspection the transfers plugin might be a better option. We just need these two questions answered with your help.

Thank you so much and good job on this plugin!

Luiz

Hello again =)

Speaking of the Transfers Accelerator plugin, I’d like to ask two questions:

1. Is there a way to interrupt or just pause the transfers? Say a higher priority image (emergency exam) arrived, we want to transfer it right awa while pausing the ongoing transfers.
  2. What happens when a network failure happens while a large file (eg 200MB out of 400MB) was partially transfered? Is it resumed or started from scratch?
    I know sometimes things get lost in public groups, that’s why I refrained from pumping this question for so long.

Thanks!

Luiz

This may answer both questions, the transfer plugin has the ability to verify all images are there (Storage Commit), so if an image was partially transferred, it should re-attempt. Looking at the documentation, I do not see any page option and doubt there would be, I would look at jobs and see about cancelling the current job, then resending. Alternatively, have two Orthanc instances, 1 for STAT, 1 for Routine if your volume/backlog can get that high.

Hello,

(1) Yes, jobs can be paused, then resumed. Check out the “Jobs” tag of Orthanc Explorer.

(2) If a data chunk cannot be transferred, the plugin can be configured to retry “N” times (option “MaxHttpRetries”, check out documentation).

If it fails “N+1” times, the job is tagged as failed, and it is possible to resubmit it manually. Again, check the “Jobs” tab of Orthanc Explorer.

HTH,
Sébastien-