Orthnac 1.7.2 fails in test section

Hi,

Test fails for orthanc 1.7.2 and civetweb 1.12:

[ 22s] [----------] 1 test from Version
[ 22s] [ RUN ] Version.CivetwebCompression
[ 22s] /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/Orthanc-1.7.2/OrthancServer/UnitTestsSources/VersionsTests.cpp:121: Failure
[ 22s] Value of: mg_check_feature(MG_FEATURES_COMPRESSION)
[ 22s] Actual: false
[ 22s] Expected: true
[ 22s] [ FAILED ] Version.CivetwebCompression (0 ms)

Any parameter that needs to be set different?

Thanks
Axel

Hello Axel,

Orthanc expects civetweb to have been compiled with support for zlib (which corresponds to setting the “USE_ZLIB=1” C macro while compiling civetweb).

I however doubt that this would break Orthanc. You could try and avoid running this test by adding the “–gtest_filter=-Version.CivetwebCompression” while invoking the “UnitTests” executable.

HTH,
Sébastien-

Hello Sebastien,

Orthanc expects civetweb to have been compiled with support for zlib (which corresponds to setting the “USE_ZLIB=1” C macro while compiling civetweb).

civetweb is compiled with -DWITH_ALL=1 (I guess that includes zlib-support)

I however doubt that this would break Orthanc. You could try and avoid running this test by adding the “–gtest_filter=-Version.CivetwebCompression” while invoking the “UnitTests” executable.

yes, that fixes the error message. Do I need to expect a sideeffect on the running system (my guess would be ‘ye’)

Best,
Axel

No, I think everything should work fine even without the “MG_FEATURES_COMPRESSION” feature in civetweb.

If you want to be sure everything is OK, the best way consists in running the integration tests:
https://hg.orthanc-server.com/orthanc-tests/file/default (check out the README)

Sébastien-