Orthanc.service on debian

Hi - so i guess this question might have been asked and answered before - but here goes

Im trying to set up Orthanc to run as a service daemon on Debian (openmediavaul)
I had it going when i used orthanc from the apt repo, but the version was horribly outdated (db-v4 as opposed to db-v6 when i built it myself)

Now i cannot get the service to start and keep running
Im using the orthanc.init script provided with the newest ubuntu package (for 18.10 i believe) - found here: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/orthanc/1.4.1+dfsg-1

i tried writing my own service script and also tried the one i mentioned above - they all just result in no errors, i get the “Active: active (exitted)” status when checking the service with “service orthanc status”
last output in systemd is “Started LSB: Orthanc init script” - there are no log files or anything else -_-

Any suggestions?

Thx in advance
Sebastian

I’ve done this with version 1.3.2, which is the version I’ve been fiddling with for the past 5 months or so. It’s really just a matter of setting ExecStart something like “/opt/orthanc/sbin/Orthanc /etc/orthanc/orthanc.json (…)”.

What you can do (and I highly recommend you do it anyway) is use the “–logdir” parameter. That will have Orthanc save its logs for each execution on a different file.

This might shed light on why Orthanc is exiting.

I can’t send you my service file now because it’s on my work computer. But should you need further help, just hit reply and I’ll send you the service file I wrote tomorrow.

Have a good one!