Orthanc on AWS (experiences on tuning)

Hey folks,

Today I set my first Orthanc on AWS. Although it’s a bit slow (perhaps due to the instance I chose), it’s working quite well.

I plan to install the amazon-s3-storage plugin and make some fine tunning.

Is anyone used to run Orthanc on AWS. Do you have any tip or recommendation on how to make it really secure, reliable and fast? What are the fine tuning you do to make it good?

Thanks in advance.

~tregis

There’s a FAQ about scalability in the Orthanc Book:
http://book.orthanc-server.com/faq/scalability.html

As far as S3 is concerned, this is a third-party plugin, so I cannot provide further help.

Yeah, I’ve read this faq page as well.

I would like to see the other’s experience on AWS.

@Thiago Régis

Thanks in advance.

@Thiago Régis
can you please give me the steps to setup orthanc on aws. because i setup the orthanc dicom on aws ec2 , orthanc has started but URL does not showing anything

@Thiago Régis

Thanks for the reply, But i have setup the orthanc with nginx reverse proxy and below my nginx config file and i config it according

to orthanc official site but firefox browser show me the welcome to nginx page and chrome browser show me 404 not found.

aws security group is default like below.

HTTP

TCP

0.0.0.0/0

HTTP

TCP

::/0

SSH

TCP

0.0.0.0/0

SSH

TCP

HTTPS

TCP

0.0.0.0/0

HTTPS

TCP

so , please tell me what should i do now.

But i am confused about this, because ports is not editable ports are specific to the protocol, please share with me your configuration screenshot that describe how security group is configured by you.