Orthanc 1.10 compilation issue on CentOS 7: This file requires compiler and library support for the ISO C++ 2011 standard.

Dear Orthanc users,

Has anyone faced this issue? I’ve been compiling Orthanc for each release for a while without any issue, but this version is stopping compilation with the following error:

/usr/include/c++/4.8.2/bits/c++0x_warning.h:32:2: error: #error This file requires compiler and library support for the ISO C++ 2011 standard. This support is currently experimental, and must be enabled with the -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11 compiler options.
#error This file requires compiler and library support for the \

Would anyone know how to get past this issue? I tried adding the flag to the make command (make CXXFLAGS=-std=c++11) but to no avail.

I will probably use the LSB library instead but I’m curious about this issue.

Thank you!

Best,

Sylvain

Dear Sylvain,

I have just added a note about this topic in the mainline of Orthanc:
https://hg.orthanc-server.com/orthanc/rev/2a58c4df3d47

Summarizing, starting with Orthanc 1.10.0, the command-line option “”-DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS=-std=c++11" might have to be added if one uses gcc 4.8.

Kind Regards,
Sébastien-

Hello Sebastien,

Thank you so much! It works like a charm and it is now compiling without any hiccups! I thought I recalled seeing a note about this but couldn’t locate it.

Thanks again and great job on version 1.10 as always!

Kind regards,

Sylvain

Hello Sebastien,

Just a quick note: the Orthanc software compiles with no issues with this new flag, however it is not propagated to the rest of the components to compile. For example, it fails at “ConnectivityChecks”.

Hope this makes sense!

Thank you,

Sylvain

Hello Sylvain,

Have you located other components than “ConnectivityChecks” for which the “CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS” flag is not propagated? I think this should be the only one (and I have a solution for this).

Regards,
Sébastien-

I’m not sure - I feel like whatever component left to be compiled after Orthanc is not getting the flag. Am I correct? It stops at ConnectivityChecks but there is one or two more after that if I recall.

Thanks!

Sylvain

OK - Here is the fix for the ConnectivityChecks issue:
https://hg.orthanc-server.com/orthanc/rev/ee6d7937a6cf

Please let me know if a similar fix should be introduced elsewhere.

Kind Regards,
Sébastien-

It works like a charm, Sebastien! Thank you. Everything compiled!

Best regards,

Sylvain