How to import in orthanc from other pacs servers?

Hello! I'm new to orthanc and I would like to know how can I import 9TB of DICOM images/patiants from another pacs server on the orthanc server. I have an orthanc server instance running and liked to other 2 pacs servers with fully working querys/send/receive patients.

I've tried to use the .py script, but this is what I get when using the command : "python3 ImportDicomFiles.py minifusion 11112 ."

RESULT:
"Importing ./OrthancStorage/df/3a/df3adc31-66ae-46ef-ba1d-305fb07a8286 => unable to connect (Is Orthanc running? Is there a password?)"

and when I give the command :
"python3 ImportDicomFiles.py minifusion 11112 ./home/sorinmotoi/Documents/OsiriX\ Data/DATABASE.index/2140000"

the systems tells me that:
"Summary: all 0 DICOM file(s) have been imported successfully". What should I understand?

Hello,

I've tried to use the .py script, but this is what I get when using
the command : "python3 ImportDicomFiles.py minifusion 11112 ."

RESULT:
"Importing ./OrthancStorage/df/3a/df3adc31-66ae-46ef-ba1d-
305fb07a8286 => unable to connect (Is Orthanc running? Is there a
password?)"

and when I give the command :
"python3 ImportDicomFiles.py minifusion 11112
./home/sorinmotoi/Documents/OsiriX\ Data/DATABASE.index/2140000"

the systems tells me that:
"Summary: all 0 DICOM file(s) have been imported successfully". What
should I understand?

I suggest you modify the import program so that it forwards the
detailed error message, the reason why it fails to connect in this
condition but succeeds in the other should be more clear.

You'll find a simple patch attached to this message, either add the
line yourself or use the patch program if you have it handy:

$ patch -p1 <import-error-details.patch
patching file Resources/Samples/ImportDicomFiles/ImportDicomFiles.py

Feel free to post the result here.

Note: You also mentioned importing from a PACS via DICOM, however the
failing command line you're using assumes you're importing all files
under your current working directory.

import-error-details.patch (480 Bytes)

Thank you for the reply! I will let you know what happens.

So , all thiss mess was created because I didn't know how to use the script. I'm sorry for bothering you folks. I will post my solution. Thank you for the support!

root@pacs-server:/home/fulluser# python3 ImportDicomFiles.py 127.0.0.1 8888 /media/cdrom/a/

I use DEBIAN jessie

So I've put the python script in the home folder of my user on the orthanc server.

When you want to use the import thingy you have to run the python script with python 3 installed.

The ip address and http port should be the ones from the orthanc server. In my case localhost with 8888 (orthanc port modified by me in config.) and after that you need to specify the location where the dicom files are. In my case they were on a CD.

I have another question also. I'f I want to import from another server, dicom files, how can I specify the remote path?

I know that in linux i can do this thing with mounting remote storage on my system but it's possible to include the remote command in the syntax ?

Kind regards,
Orlando Onofrei

I have another question also. I’f I want to import from another server, dicom files, how can I specify the remote path?

I know that in linux i can do this thing with mounting remote storage on my system but it’s possible to include the remote command in the syntax ?

If you’re using Microsoft Windows, simply map the network share as a drive (say, "X:") and use this drive as the remote path for the Python script:

HTH,
Sébastien-