How to Compilin for Ubuntu server 14.04.3 64bit

Hello!

I am trying to create a PACS-server for the medical clinic.

Orthanc project I was very interested and I decided to use it.

But faced with a problem when compiling and installing on Ubuntu server 14.04.3 64bit.

I plan to do it on this server operating system since it is safer than Windows, a stable and free.

Unfortunately for this operating system is not packaged version 1, which is the latest and in my opinion has a great opportunity than that in the package 0.7.

To install a new server I want to use that new product, rather than the old version.

Until that day, I have not worked with the compiler programs in Linux, and faced with a problem.

That’s what I did**:**

1 Download source code and unpack them in folder Orthanc in server

2 Create folder OrthancBuilder on my server

3 From the command line, run the following line:

`

sudo apt-get install build-essential unzip cmake mercurial \

uuid-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev liblua5.1-0-dev
libgtest-dev libpng-dev libsqlite3-dev libssl-dev libjpeg-dev
zlib1g-dev libdcmtk2-dev libboost-all-dev libwrap0-dev
libcharls-dev libjsoncpp-dev libpugixml-dev

cmake -DALLOW_DOWNLOADS=ON \

-DUSE_GTEST_DEBIAN_SOURCE_PACKAGE=ON
-DUSE_SYSTEM_MONGOOSE=OFF
-DDCMTK_LIBRARIES=dcmjpls
~/Orthanc
`

As I understand it, the process passed, although it is unclear how to assess the result …
What to do next, I do not know and have not found the appropriate instructions.

Our clinic is to start work in the near future, so I was left with very little time to install and configure server-PAX, and I beg you to help me solve the problem.

Maybe someone will share advice and help me compile the program?

Please help!

Hello,

Thanks for your interest in Orthanc.

As I understand it, the process passed, although it is unclear how to assess the result …
What to do next, I do not know and have not found the appropriate instructions.

Have you typed afterwards:

make

sudo make install

This will install Orthanc in the filesystem, and you can run it with “Orthanc”

Sébastien-

I have error

This error stems from a problem in the Ubuntu packaging of DCMTK, and is the reason of the “-DDCMTK_LIBRARIES=dcmjpls” flag that must be given to the cmake command:

# cmake -DALLOW_DOWNLOADS=ON \
        -DUSE_GTEST_DEBIAN_SOURCE_PACKAGE=ON \
        -DUSE_SYSTEM_MONGOOSE=OFF \
        -DDCMTK_LIBRARIES=dcmjpls \
        ~/Orthanc
# make VERBOSE=1
# sudo make install

Are you sure that you invoked cmake properly? Please try again with a fresh build directory.

If you still cannot make it work, you have 4 possibilities:

1. Disable JPEG-LS support (i.e. add the flag “-DENABLE_JPEG_LOSSLESS=OFF” when invoking cmake). Obviously, this might be a problem if you need to deal with such DICOM files.
  2. Statically link Orthanc against DCMTK (i.e. add the flag “-DUSE_SYSTEM_DCMTK=OFF” when invoking cmake).
  3. Build a fully static version of Orthanc (i.e. add the flag “-DSTATIC_BUILD=ON” when invoking cmake).
  4. Use the Docker container, which will also work on any recent 64bit Linux distribution: https://github.com/jodogne/OrthancDocker

I would personally favor options (2) or (4).

HTH,
Sébastien-

Did you recommend.
Errors are not noticed.
What to do to install the software?

So the software is now successfully installed. Simply type “Orthanc” to start it.

Please read the Orthanc Book to know how to use it:
https://orthanc.chu.ulg.ac.be/book/index.html

Thank you very much for your advices!

The system was established.

In the beginning I checked the status of the service request and receive a reply - service is not recognized.