Error: Unable to open the database

I installed it on a brandnew Win10 system and got the database error. I’m no expert in DICOM and just want a simple “dicom -receive -aet xx”. I don’t know where to find that in the many manuals. I don’t like the idea to install SQL because I don’t see the necessity. A similar question was made before but I don’t understand the answer. The author claimed to have solved the problem himself.

Hopefully there is some solution. :slight_smile: Thank you.

Please provide more information about your problem.

What is exactly the error?

Thanks for the quick reply. I enclosed an authentic screenshot from the PC:

ort-error.jpg

You cannot run Orthanc from a folder that contains spaces or special characters.

Please try again by removing spaces from your folder, e.g. “C:\Programme\OrthancServer”.

HTH,
Sébastien-

Windows 10 does not permit it because the directory is “used”. Even a clean reboot didn’t change that situation.

:frowning:

Wait.

Have you installed the official Windows installer of Orthanc?

If so, your Orthanc is already running in background as a service.

Open the administrative interface (Orthanc Explorer) by opening your Web browser at: http://localhost:8042/

I changed the registry and was thus able to rename the directory. But the problems remain the same. I was able to run orthanc from the “root”(C:) directory but then it uses default parameters.

You have not answered my questions above.

Nothing runs. All your advice was just bogus.

I installed Orthanc on a second system (Win7) and problems are exactly the same.

If you don’t answer the questions, don’t expect an effective support.

"Have you installed the official Windows installer of Orthanc? If so, your Orthanc is already running in background as a service. Open the administrative interface (Orthanc Explorer) by opening your Web browser at: http://localhost:8042/"

Bonus,
No need to be rude. You are not providing much information to be of use helping.

What Installer did you use to Install Orthanc?
Run a clean install of Orthanc, start the service, and check the Orthanc log, if you can provide what error you are getting it would be helpful.