Donations to Orthanc Project ?

Does the Orthanc project have a way to make donations to the project ? I realize that you are probably more interested in getting larger contributions through paid support contracts, but I don’t have a big budget to purchase professional services at this point, and I suspect there are other people who are in the same boat.

However, the documentation that you have online, https://book.orthanc-server.com/ and the source code documentation is really excellent for an open source project, I don’t mind making some small monetary contributions as I can. I did not see a way to do that through your website ? Would be nice if you had a PayPal or Stripe account to accept contributions from people who cannot buy professional services, or from people who just want to make a donation because they appreciate all of the work and time that has gone into the project.

Glad to see there is a new release. Excited to compile that for production and see how the performance compares to a development build.

Thanks.

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your request. It’s one of the first times we have such a request and it forces us to clarify our mind about it and add an entry in the FAQ !

Indeed, the entrypoint for commercial support (at least on Osimis side) is quite high for small actors. Small contracts/incomes require a lot of work and we actually prefer to avoid them.

The same goes for donations: we don’t want to rely on donations and would prefer that people contribute by i.e, being active on the forum, improving the doc, … If at some point, you grow a business on top of Orthanc that is profitable enough to purchase a commercial support contract, of course, we would be very happy about it ! And if you don’t grow such a business and never financially support Orthanc, don’t feel sorry about it !

Best regards,

Alain.